Project Based Labour Market Training (PBLMT) is designed to support projects that provide benefits both to the community and to individuals. Self Rise Training Society in partnership with Discovery Community College is accepting applications for the Crisis Response and Mental Health Worker Certification Training.
This Crisis Response Worker Certificate Program is designed to provide students with skills, knowledge, and attitudes
requires to work as a Crisis Response & Mental Health Worker in a variety of community settings. Graduates are
prepared to work in areas such as community social service agencies, support services, group home settings, shelters,
harm reduction, community enforcement and security.
Program starts November 14th, 2022.
- Training dates: November 14th, 2022, to April 28th, 2023
- Only 16 seats available
- Surrey Campus
- Full-time Training
- 3 Weeks of practicum (unpaid work experience) included
Eligible applicants are unemployed individuals:
- Who have established a claim for Employment Insurance (EI) benefits, or
- Who have had an EI benefit period that ended within the previous 60 months; or
- Who have earned more than $2,000 in insurable earnings and paid employee EI premiums on those earnings in at least 5 of the last 10 years (Note: the 5 years do not have to be consecutive years), or;
- Who are BCEA PWD Clients or BCEA Non-PWD Clients; and
- Who have an Action Plan (AP) that identifies PBLMT as a reasonable goal to support their occupational goal.
Program full! No longer accepting applications.