In partnership with Discovery Community College, we are offering a Fully Funded (Free) Crisis Response and Mental Health Worker Program in Maple Ridge and Tri-cities area for eligible BC residents who are either unemployed or have precarious employment, and who are looking to become a front-line worker via the Community Workforce Response Grant.
This program is designed to provide students with the skills, knowledge and attitudes required to work as a crisis response & mental health worker in a variety of community settings. Graduates are prepared to work in areas such as community social service agencies, support services, group home settings, shelters, harm reduction and community enforcement.
Crisis Response & Mental Health Worker Courses:
- GO 901 Get Oriented
- IT 701 Introduction to Computers
- ES 501 Employability Skills
- Foundational CRMHW Certificates
- Professionalism & Ethics – CRMHW
- Diversity in Canada
- Indigenous Cultures in Canada
- Crisis Intervention
- Conflict Management
- Communication in Mental Health
- Human Development – Adulthood
- Mental Health & Addictions
- Professional Growth
- Work Experience – Practicum
Program starts August 8th, 2023
- Training dates: August 8th, 2023, to March 1st, 2024
- Limited seats available
- Maple Ridge Campus
- Full-time Training
- 4 Weeks of practicum (unpaid work experience) included
Who is eligible?
- Residents of BC who are Canadian citizens, permanent residents or protected persons entitled to work in Canada
- Unemployed or employed part time (less than 30 hours) at the time of training
- Casually, seasonally, or precariously employed
- Must be seeking training to find a new job
Program full! No longer accepting applications.